Spanish Red Cross (SRC) Indonesian Delegation was established after the Tsunami in December 2005 in order to assist Indonesian Red Cross Society (PMI)in its operation for the reconstruction of the Aceh Province. Assuming the role of Participating National Society (PNS), SRC works under the coordination of International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), supporting PMI to ensure quality services delivery. In all aspects of implementation, it provides capacity development services to PMI and
Community Based First Aid / CBFA Project
The main objectiveis to improvethe health status of the population through awareness raising and education on health matters. It includes diagnosing, initial treatment at local level and (when needed) referral to qualified health institutions of 9 common diseases: diarrhoea, fever, acute respiratory infections, malaria, malnutrition, goitre, vitamin A deficiency, dengue fever and rabies.
The main activityis training and supervision of PMI Volunteer working as CBFA Monitor, and Village Health workers / Cadres working as CBFA Volunteer, who are responsible for education of their fellow villagers as well as for dealing with disease cases. This project is supported by PMI, Spanish Red Cross and with external donor (Spanish Official Co-operation Agency, AECI). PMI / SRC is looking for experienced person for the following positions according to the terms of reference below:
Health Technical Support
1. Prepare the KAP survey and provide training for the Indonesian Red Cross (Palang Merah Indonesia) volunteers on how to conduct Knowledge Attitude and Practice (KAP) Survey;
2. Calculating on samples needed per village
3. Transfer the knowledge on SPSS database operation (how to input data and create baseline & monitoring data).
4. Making Baseline & Monitoring data report.
5. Ensure the activities about to implement by the communities according to the real needs of the surrounding community and meet with all requirements established by Spanish Red Crossand the AECID (donor). Make sure that all the activities have clear visibility on the program.
6. Develop monitoring and evaluating system for the activities in the community and make sure the program team (PMI monitoring follow the pattern, in order to be able to measure the impact of the program in overall sub-district.
7. Producing reports regarding the program activities proposed in targeted villages in timely manner once in a month
8. Draft substantive papers, briefs, and reports for CBFA meetings and project.
9. Build capacity of CBFA volunteers with the appropriate training and develop IEC material to support the implementation and sustainability of the project in the future as well.
- Degree in Public Health is required or other relevant health specialization
- Computer literacy, particularly in and SPSS program is desired
- Minimum 3 years of relevant community health program experience
- Having and appropriate workingexperience in the field
- Proven management skills andability to lead and motivate multidiscipline and multicultural teams
- Good training and/or facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Fluency in English is a must
All candidates are kindly requested to specify their availability date in the application form and their
salary expectation. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.Deadline: .
Interested candidates are invites to submit their application to recruitment. srcmeulaboh@ gmail.comor
PMI/SRC Office, Jl. Manek Roo No. 27Barat.