The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is implementing a major community-based reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2005. We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve their live quality. We are looking for qualified and committed candidates to fill the following position on a fixed term contract basis.
Environmental Health Field Techncian Aceh Besar (Code: EHFTAB)
· Assist in planning the design of water and sanitation infrastructures.
· Conduct field assessments and identify priority problems in water and sanitation.
· Assist in EH technical assessments and help in the preparation of project plans and BoQ.
· Work in accordance with the drawings and specification provided by the field/project engineer.
· Coordinate with the local authorities and communities for guaranteeing a good community participation and a smooth implementation of the work.
· Supervise construction, repairs/maintenance of water and sanitation infrastructures in TSS, communities and public facilities.
· Assist with hiring of local site supervisors and sourcing of local labour.
· Assist in preparation work plans, schedules and reports.
· Ensure that construction occurs in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all construction material is used appropriately and in accordance with approved plans.
· Supervise construction staff to ensure that all relevant standards are met.
· Assist in the payments to local site supervisors and laborers.
· Work with contractors to ensure the work done is in accordance with accepted engineering practices and complies with design and local regulations.
· Provide timely reports and up-to-date information on all developments in the field.
· Work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
· Excellent communication skills: Bahasa
· Experience in construction of water and sanitation infrastructure including development of spring catchment systems, wells (shallow wells and boreholes), latrines, septic systems, drainage, installation and operation of pumps, installation of pipes, valves & fittings.
· Experience supervising contractors and daily workers.
· Analytical skills with the ability to learn quickly.
· Preferred >5 years work experience.Knowledg e of and Word is an asset.
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb. Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered. Applications must be received by .
Canadian Red Cross gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations.
Personal and confidential: This email is intended for the individual to whom it was addressed. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender and delete this message and attachments, if any, from your system. Please note that the use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is prohibited. Thank you.
Personnel: Ce courriel ne s’adresse qu’au destinataire prévu. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l’expéditeur et le supprimer de votre système ainsi que toute pièce jointe, le cas échéant. À noter qu’il est interdit d’utiliser, de diffuser, de transmettre, d’imprimer ou de photocopier ce courriel. Merci.