Staff vacancies – Two positions
Senior Program Officer – Papua
Senior Program Officer – West Papua
The AusAID-funded Australia-Nusa Tenggara Assistance for Regional Autonomy (ANTARA) Program is an innovative and flexible regional development program working with government aimed at reducing poverty in Eastern Indonesia. The Program commenced in Nusa Tenggara and is now expanding to Papua and West Papua. We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for one position based in Jayapura, Papua and one position based in Manokwari, West Papua.
Program Name: Australia-Nusa Tenggara Assistance for Regional Autonomy (ANTARA)
Title of Positions: SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER
Duration and Timing of Inputs:
Anticipated start date: On or about 1 May 2009 for approximately one year with extension by mutual agreement, subject to the requirements of the Program Director and as approved by AusAID.
Jayapura / Manokwari with travel to districts in Papua / West Papua and other regions in Indonesia.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
• Extensive experience in development programs, especially in eastern Indonesia and Papua / West Papua
• Program management experience particularly in proposal development, monitoring and evaluation and capacity building of partners, including government
• Proven ability to deliver high quality outputs and reports on time
• In-depth understanding of social, cultural, economic and political issues in Papua and West Papua
• Demonstrated successful experience in working in partnership with government
• Fluency in both English and Indonesian
• Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working as part of a team
• Understanding and commitment to gender and HIV mainstreaming
Applications addressing the above criteria with a recent CV to be addressed to: Email: email@example.com Fax: (0380) 83 3199 at ANTARA-AusAID Office, Jl. Polisi Militer No. 2, Kupang, Tel (0380) 8031529. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Closing time and date: 18:00 WIT, 18 April 2009. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Please state the position you are applying for.