Vacancy reference: 09-039
Title: Malaria / EPI Officer (Fixed-Term, NO-B level, IMIS 64878)
Duty Station: Jayapura
Contract Duration: 31 December 2010
Summary of the Post:
Under the direct guidance of the Health Specialist and the technical oversight of the Malaria and EPI Specialist, responsible for the implementation and monitoring of assigned project(s) and activities within the Malaria / EPI units / Policy and capacity-building Program to strengthen interventions.
The incumbent will provide technical support to the government of Jayapura (Papua) on capacity-building for managers and providers and communities for an improved response from healthcare services and strategic partnerships with other relevant sectors in ensuring carrying out of specific interventions. This will include ensuring regular update on relevant project data, liaison with partners at district and province level and technical assistance in implementing assigned projects and activities.
- University degree in Medical / Public Health or related technical field.
- Minimum of 2 (two) years progressive professional work experience. The experience can be both national and international levels in programme management and monitoring and evaluation in a related field. Additional relevant experience beyond 2 years will be an added asset.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
- Knowledge of the latest developments within Malaria and EPI.
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication, writing and advocacy skills.
- Supervisory and managerial skills.
- Leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Integrity, self awareness and self regulation should be demonstrated satisfactory.
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications: word processing, spreadsheet, data management including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside organization.