ThaiHealth has developed an efficient social marketing and communication plan. The Social Marketing and Communication Plan aims to support other ThaiHealth plans, dealing with issues such as alcohol, tobacco, accidents, and physical exercise. ThaiHealth aims to mobilize support and social capital from groups in Thai society. Together with its partners, it will carry out effective communications campaigns. Among other things, these campaigns will counteract advertising by the tobacco and alcohol industries. ThaiHelth will also campaign for appropriate policy measures.
- Raising social awareness towards major health issues
- Alcohol consumption. Communication techniques will be used to raise people’s awareness about the dangers of alcohol, and to reduce consumption.
- Tobacco consumption. Campaigns will be carried out to highlight the expense and health risks of smoking, to make smoking unfashionable, and to raise public awareness about regulations against smoking in public places.
- Road accidents. The aims are to raise awareness about the dangers of traffic accidents, to increase adherence to traffic rules, to reduce risk behaviors, and to support government campaigns to reduce road accidents.
- Physical exercise and sports. Information will be disseminated on the importance of physical exercise and on ways to perform exercise effectively and safely. People of all ages will be encouraged to carry out sports and exercises that suit their needs and abilities.
- Popular participation. The aim of this project is to support partner organizations working on issues such as health families or youth health.
- Use of media for health promotion
- Effective use of the media is crucial for health promotion. This project has three components:
- Collaborating with universities to develop curriculums and train media personnel in health promotion
- Work with popular and alternative media to develop effective health promotion models for these formats
- Provide training to organizations involved in health promotion, and assist in the development of media material. Organizations covered include physical exercise groups and community groups.
- Long-term communication campaigns
ThaiHealth supports long-term campaigns that provide clear messages to target groups, and that induce behavioral changes that enhance health. Subjects include children, youth, family, consumer protecton, and public policy.
- Public relations campaigns
- Develop websites for campaigns
- Disseminate information about projects supported by ThaiHealth, to encourage replication
- Organize exhibitions and events to reach the general public or target groups
- Cooperate with media organizations to disseminate information about health promotion